The Everything American Presidents Book
is an all-in-one guide to each of the forty-three men who have served as Chief Executive of the United States. This comprehensive resource provides you with all the fundamentals you need to know about this country's leaders plus fascinating little-known facts such as:
- George Washington never really cut down a cherry tree.
- John Adams spoke with a lisp after he lost most of his teeth.
- Chester Arthur loved clothes and changed several times a day.
- William Howard Taft was America's fattest president-he once got stuck in the White House bathtub.
- Herbert Hoover and his wife often spoke Mandarin Chinese when they didn't want to be overheard.
- A portrait of Ronald Reagan made from 10,000 jellybeans hangs in his Presidential Library.
Written in an entertaining style by two experienced educators, this fun and informative guide is packed with facts and details about the life and times of each president and the major events that shaped his term. The Everything American Presidents Book
is the perfect reference book about the fascinating men who shaped U.S history and policy.
Martin Kelly is the About.com guide for American History and the author of the SparkNotes study note cards for the A.P. American History review.
Melissa Kelly is the author of The Everything New Teacher Book and the About.com guide to Secondary School Educators. She taught social studies for nine years, including AP U.S. History courses.