This bundle from Coin Video includes three great DVD's that will put you on the right track for starting your collection.
Do's and Don't of Coin Collecting
Will Robins was the 2008 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year. He continues to make a name for himself in numismatics lecturing and attending coin conventions. Few things in this hobby are more important than knowing how to grade coins. Will presents in an easy to follow method the basic grading skills that will set you on the path to more knowledge and involvement in numismatics.
Top Ten Rules of Successful Coin Collecting
Andrew Kimmel has decades of experience as a coin dealer and collector. He shares that being successful as a coin collector takes more than just a checkbook to buy coins. A calculated long term strategy is required to help you to take advantage of the benefits that the numismatic hobby offers. These benefits include enjoyment, friendships, a sense of accomplishment and even investment. Learn how make the right decisions from this expert in the field.
Coin Grading Basics
Bill Fivaz is one of the most well known people in numismatics. He has collected coins for over 40 years. His books are found in almost every coin library, his lectures have been presented at conventions around the country, and he has been involved with collector clubs and organizations including the ANA, CONECA, and GNA. In this video lecture presentation you will learn:
- the importance of sharing knowledge
- how to handle a coin including why your hands need to be clean when doing so
- how to look at a coin and which magnifiers work the best
- why proper lighting is important and what type of bulbs to use
- the basics of coin gradingówhere to look and what to look for
- information on coin storageówhich holders are best, which ones to avoid, what kind of damage can occur and what to do
- cleaning coins and why it usually best not to do it
- all about security, the protection of your coins from the environment and burglars
- questions posed from the audience
This is great information for anyone interested in coins. Beginners or advanced collectors will learn something new. Lecture with slides.